Meet Turning Tides
Who is your local homelessness charity and what do they do in your community?
On Saturday 18th June come down to Worthing Football Club and find out how your local homeless charity supports hundreds of people with nowhere to call home.
From midday to 4pm Turning Tides is inviting the public to discover more about the charity at an open event, prior to their much-anticipated Big Summer SleepOut that evening. The afternoon event and the evening SleepOut are being kindly hosted by Worthing Football Club in support of the charity – providing a fantastic venue for both events.
Turning Tides was originally formed by a group of compassionate locals who took to their cars delivering food and blankets to homeless people in Worthing. Now, we are the largest and leading provider of homeless services for adults across West Sussex. Last year, the charity supported almost one thousand people who had nowhere to live.
Community is at the heart of Turning Tides’ ambition to end local homelessness and you are warmly welcomed to the afternoon event where you can:
- Meet frontline staff who provide outreach services across the county to ensure everyone has access to food, clothing, support, and advice
- Discover the music, art and photography Turning Tides clients have produced that not only depict their experiences of being homeless but also harnesses their strengths, creativity and tenacity
- Chat with volunteers who take on a wide range of activities from cooking breakfasts at the charity’s Community Hubs to collecting donated items for accommodation services
- Explore ways you can get involved and support the charity, from holding your own event, becoming a volunteer or applying for work roles
- Hear from clients about their experience of homelessness and their time with Turning Tides
- Enjoy food and refreshments as you take in the Hidden and Hunted photography display, compiled by women who experienced rough sleeping
- Be one of the first to step on board Turning Tides’ amazing double decker bus – an innovative service and the first of its kind in West Sussex, designed to take support on the road to people experiencing homelessness in rural areas. Originally a vintage passenger bus, now converted into a mobile hub complete with kitchen, washing machine, shower and toilet.
Refreshments will be available throughout the event.
Date: Saturday 18th June
Opening Times: midday to 4pm
Open to: all ages
Price: free to all
Location: Worthing Football Club, Woodside Road, Worthing, BN14 7HQ
How about spending one night under the stars – raising awareness of your local homeless charity?
Register now for Turning Tides’ Big Summer SleepOut on the evening of Saturday 18th June at Worthing Football Club