Jacobs Steel is one of the longest established estate agents in the region
How did Jacobs Steel become interested in Turning Tides?
Jacobs Steel started supporting our charity because they wanted to be a company that contributes to, and is part of, their community.
“We will continue to support Turning Tides for as long as our involvement can inspire good across our team and our community, and give the vulnerable people that Turning Tides work with something to believe in.”
How have they supported our charity?
Jacobs Steel have been involved in a number of fundraising activities for us, including;
- a team took part in Go the Distance 2019
- Matt Jacobs (Managing Director) took part in the November SleepOut 2019
- Jayde Pope (Marketing Manager) produced a promotional video promoting our Pull Up A Chair Campaign at Christmas 2019
- various teams volunteered at Christmas cooking a festive meal at one of our projects and a team helped at our Sainsbury’s Collections
- two members of staff will be taking part in the skydive later this year!
- Jacobs Steel have also sponsored a number of our events.
“Our Marketing Manager works closely with the fundraising team at the charity to come up with innovative fundraising ideas and produce materials that will enable our firm to raise awareness of the important work that they do.” – Matt Jacobs, Managing Director
What have Jacobs Steel gained from their involvement with our charity?
“We’ve been building a relationship with Turning Tides throughout 2019/2020 and it is a charity we feel connected to on a business and personal level. We help people find homes day in day out; but all we need do is look out of our branch window to see those that are unfortunate enough to be living on the streets. Through our work with Turning Tides, we believe we can help to make a change and help Turning Tides get closer to their goal of ending local homelessness. Our contribution gives our teams a sense of ‘doing good’ and our clients know that they are working with a community-focussed estate agent.” – Jayde Pope, Marketing Manager