Fundraise where you Worship
We work with religious organisations of all faiths to raise vital funds for homeless men and women.
Valuing faith, spirituality and our Christian roots is important to us. With common goals and a vocation to be agents for change – together we can show compassion and generosity to people who don’t have anywhere to call home.
Fundraising at your place of worship is a great way to bring people together and with our support you can make a positive difference to the lives of homeless people in your community.
How you can support Turning Tides
- Donating goods and money at various points in your spiritual calendar ie Harvest
- Hold a service about homelessness and a collection for Turning Tides.
- Hold an evening event or activity – such as a supper, auction of promises or a film night or coffee morning.
- Organise a carol concert in your church with donations to Turning Tides.
- Encourage your congregation to donate everytime something is given up ie Lent.
- Became a dedicated supporter – we welcome all faith and spiritual based communities
- Make Turning Tides your Charity of the Year – raising the awareness of our charity and the work we achieve.
How we can support you
- Prayer Pointers: view and share our monthly suggested prayers
- Book a talk: to be held virtually at your church – this could be provided by a client, our Chief Executive or a member of staff.
- Book a visit: to one of our projects and meet some of our clients so they can share their story (not currently offered during Covid).
- Promote our charity: to your congregation so that we can gather more support. We can provide talks and branded materials for your publications.
- Signpost those at risk: of becoming homeless to our services and other sources of support
- Fundraising inspiration and advice: we can help you every step of the way – we are here to help you fundraise
For inspiration and advice on to how to fundraise please contact the Fundraising Team.
Phone: 01903 680740