At Turning Tides we know that anyone’s life can spiral into homelessness. We bring together compassionate individuals and organisations to transform the lives of people in our local community and change perceptions of homelessness.
We provide a warm safe space to; listen to anyone who comes to us for help. Local people experiencing homelessness are supported and empowered to become confident and find the strength and belief in themselves to create a brighter future.
Together we can make a difference and end homelessness where you live.
- Worthing (Bus destination)
- Horsham/Mid-Sussex areas (Bus Route)
What goes on here?
Turning Tides work in Horsham and Mid Sussex area to support people who are homeless or insecurely housed.
Our Mobile Hub, housed in our own double decker bus, will visit various locations taking support to individuals facing people living in challenging circumstances.
This bus is a new service and provides a much-needed lifeline for these clients, enabling us to offer them support and advice.
A bit about the role?
The purpose of this role is to drive the bus but also be a welcoming face for visitors to the bus, help create a calm and inviting space and environment for our clients to come into. It would be great that as well as driving you would be happy to get involved when the bus is stationary. This could be having a cup of tea and a chat with a client, cooking some food up in the galley kitchen or helping someone get online.
What will I be doing?
Driving the bus, being part of the outreach team. Welcoming client on to the bus. You will be an essential and integral member of the outreach bus team.
Turning Tides’ hopes & expectations that as a volunteer you will:
- be inclusive and welcoming.
- communicate with staff on duty.
- be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty..
- abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
Times & Commitment:
12 noon to 7pm on a Wednesday for continuity.
- We prefer that volunteers are able to commit this weekly, however we aim to be flexible.
- You must hold a clean driving licence and experience of driving large vehicles would be beneficial.
- You will have to attend a bus driving training sessions held in Worthing by Compass Travel.