Volunteer Maintenance Assistant
Location(s): Various Turning Tides Services across Worthing.
Time: 1 day per week or 1 day per fortnight (Monday to Sunday)
Role Purpose: To assist a service with basic maintenance tasks.
Tasks could include minor repairs, decorating, carpet cleaning, furniture building, room preparation and meter reading. Occasionally gardening and outdoor tasks may need completing. Tasks will be allocated according to the Volunteer’s skills and previous experience.
This role would suit someone with the following skill set –
- Good communication and listening skills
- Someone who is flexible and adaptable and happy to complete task alone or volunteer as part of a team
- Ability to use small hand tools i.e. screwdriver
- Experience of basic maintenance skills including painting and decorating
- Ability to use maintenance apparatus including battery driven equipment and small steps/ ladder.
Additional requirements to be adhered to at all times:
- To be inclusive and welcoming.
- A willingness to complete necessary training.
- To communicate with staff on duty.
- To be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty..
- To abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
Ideally a volunteer would be able to volunteer 1 day a week or 1 day a fortnight. Turning Tides would endeavour to be as flexible as possible and availability can be discussed at the Volunteer induction.
We will provide you with an induction to the service. Necessary training will also be provided including; Manual Handling, Health and Safety as well as training to support the use of any equipment.
Staff will be present within the service during volunteering.
For more information please contact our Volunteer Team on 01903 680743 or email email@example.com