Turning Tides are a community led homelessness organisation that puts clients and local people at the heart of our mission to end homelessness.
Location(s): Turning Tides, Town Hall, Chapel Road, Worthing, BN11 1HA
Time: Ad-hoc various dates throughout the year, due to the timings of the courses there would need to be a slight flexibility but generally the times that we would need the help are:
Set up: 08:30 – 09:30/10:00
Clear down: 16:00 – 16:30
Role Purpose: To support our Training and Development Lead with on the day preparation for training.
- Set up of the training room
- Refreshments – hot water flasks, tea/coffee/sugar/milk cups, fruit and biscuits
- Ensure the seating plan is correct for the number of people and the requested layout
- Meet the trainer
- Offer tea/coffee
- Give the trainer a tour of the facilities so that they know the lay out and where to go for things
- Ensure the trainer is connected and set up with their IT requirements
- Offer any set help i.e. laying out workbooks or setting up activities
- Guide delegates round to the Gordon Room so that the main office staff are not interrupted
- Ensure the trainer is familiar with the fire drill notes (guidance provided)
- Clear down the training room
- Put away all the refreshments – hot water flasks, tea/coffee/sugar/milk cups, fruit and biscuits
- Wash up cups
- Make sure there is no notes left on the flip charts/on tables
- Help (if needed) the trainer disconnect from the projector
It is possible that on some occasions, the volunteer may be able to attend the training session. This would need to be discussed with and agreed with the Training and Development Lead.
It is Turning Tides’ hope and expectation that volunteers will:
- be inclusive and welcoming.
- communicate with staff on duty.
- be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty.
- abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
Commitment: Due to the ad-hoc nature of this role, we will be seeking a small team of volunteers to share this role. However, ideally a volunteer would support this role regularly enough that they are familiar with the facilities and processes and therefore able to undertake this role without staff support.
Development: This role is a new role, so there is scope for the role to develop, the admin responsibilities may grow over time and there would be opportunity to get involved with:
- Managing the delegate lists
- Booking venues and trainers
- Organising catering (ad-hoc)
- Sending out and collating feedback
- Responding to enquiries
Support offered: Initial shadowing will be provided. Staff will be available to welcome volunteer and help with any enquiries, however this is an independent role.
Requirements: Please note this role will require two character references.
Professional boundary and confidentiality training will be covered during the induction meeting.
For more information please contact our Volunteer Team on 01903 680743 or email email@example.com