Reception Support Volunteer at Lyndhurst Road
Location(s): Lyndhurst Road Assessment Project, Lyndhurst Road, Worthing.
Time: Monday to Sunday, 2 x sessions per day available, 10am – 1pm, 1pm – 4pm or 6pm – 9pm
Project Background: Lyndhurst Road is a short stay temporary accommodation project. The project allows clients the time to adjust to supported living. Turning Tides staff, together with the client, assess where the next appropriate move should be on the client’s journey out of homelessness.
Role Overview: To maintain front of house reception cover and cleanliness of reception area. Engage with residents and document interaction. To be a friendly and approachable first point of contact for residents and visitors.
- · Provide a welcoming reception area and service for clients and other visitors.
- · Oversee the reception by answering phone calls, opening post and helping with other reception enquiries.
- · Assist with the immediate support needs of clients where needed, providing crisis intervention if necessary. (This would be only required if you have been provided training and are comfortable to do so, please note staff will always be on hand to support you in your role)
- · Be able to challenge, if confident in doing so, in an assertive yet sympathetic way, disruptive and/or unacceptable behaviour, doing so in a manner that balances the needs of the individual alongside the safety of the service.
- · Engage with residents and document any interactions, on a handover sheet that is to be given to staff on session.
- · Support staff with Health and Safety building checks, once you have been provided training to do so.
- · Support staff with flat checks.
- · Support staff with vulnerable adult checks.
Additional requirements to be adhered to at all times:
- To be inclusive and welcoming.
- To communicate with staff on duty.
- To be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty..
- To abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
Commitment: Flexible opportunities, however we would ask that one whole session is covered.
Support offered: The Senior Project Worker is the lead contact and support for volunteers at Lyndhurst Road. For further information around support, please refer to the Turning Tides Volunteer Handbook.
Requirements: There are no formal qualifications required but this role would require the following attributes and qualities:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- An empathic approach
- A non-judgmental approach
- Good listening skills
For more information please contact our Volunteer Team on 01903 680743 or email email@example.com