About the Role
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful applicant will be provide a hands-on maintenance service for Turning Tides’ residential and project buildings. Ensuring that maintenance tasks are completed to a high standard, within agreed timescales and in consideration of clients within services.
Candidates must be able to work closely with the rest of the Property Team and staff members on sites to prioritise reactive repairs, refurbishment works and compliance tasks all within the context of active services and our client’s homes.
The applicant must possess the ability to work independently on-site, taking initiative and responsibility for completing tasks. The post holder must also be able to work sensitively around our clients, especially those with complex needs.
- Previous experience in a handy person/maintenance/painting and decorating/gardening role/specific trades
- Ability to drive across West Sussex in supplied vehicle
- Possess basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of safe working practices inc. Risk Assessment, Fire Safety & COSHH
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Play an important role within a community-led organisation
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Up to 25 days’ holiday, increasing with service
- Health care cash plan and life assurance
- Flexible working requests from day 1
- 24/7 Support provider with wellbeing, advice and money
- Local discounts including gym membership
To apply, please ensure you complete an online application form and upload a copy of your CV. We also require you to complete an Equal Opportunities Questionnaire.
Turning Tides requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. Successful applicants (dependent on role) are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Should you require any assistance completing our forms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.