This role has been funded by the Ministry for Housing and Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) Next Steps Accommodation Programme (NSAP), in partnership with Mid Sussex District Council. This service will provide Housing Led supported accommodation to meet the needs of rough sleepers, which are currently unmet in the area.
The Housing Coordinator will be responsible for reviewing referrals and ensuring that the referral process is streamlined and accessible, offering our clients choice and control. Additionally, they will oversee the management, health and safety and income of the service with support from the Move on Housing Manager.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external agencies and internal teams to promote communication and enhance the visibility of our accommodation services in Mid Sussex.
- Maximise rental income by effectively managing voids, rent arrears, and service charge payments, ensuring the financial viability of the service.
- Provide personalised support plans to clients, focusing on areas such as tenancy sustainment, relapse prevention, employment, and budgeting.
- Lead the development of referral routes into and out of services, collaborating with supported housing providers, local authorities, and the private rented sector.
- Promote equality and diversity within the organisation, participating in equalities impact assessments and reviews as required.
- You will be tasked with directly managing one team member, conducting regular one-to-ones, and conducting yearly appraisals. Additionally, you will oversee their workload, approve their holiday requests, and ensure their productivity and well-being are maintained.
This multifaceted role combines housing management, client support, development, risk management, and people management responsibilities.
- Proven ability to provide case management and support for staff teams, including person-cantered support planning and risk management.
- Strong IT skills, including database management and data interpretation.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and empower colleagues at all levels.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships internally and externally.
Staff Benefits at Turning Tides: Supporting Your Wellbeing and Growth
- Flexible Working Considered: We recognise the importance of work-life balance and are committed to considering flexible working arrangements that suit your needs.
- Health Cash Plan: Gain access to a comprehensive health cash plan for contracted employees, ensuring you have the support you need for your healthcare expenses.
- Community Impact: Play a pivotal role in a community-led organisation with a profound mission, contributing to positive change and making a meaningful impact.
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme: Participate in our stakeholder pension scheme, securing your financial future with a valuable retirement savings plan.
- Healthcare and Life Assurance: Enjoy the security of a healthcare cash plan and life assurance, providing you and your loved ones with peace of mind.
- 24/7 Wellbeing Support: Access round-the-clock support for your wellbeing, offering valuable advice and money-saving resources to enhance your overall health and happiness.
- Local Discounts: Benefit from local discounts, including exclusive offers on gym memberships, promoting your physical and mental well-being.
- Generous Annual Leave: Enjoy up to 25 days of annual leave, with the potential for increases based on your service with us, providing you with the time to recharge and pursue personal interests.
To apply, kindly complete our online application form and upload your CV. Additionally, we request that you complete an Equal Opportunities Questionnaire.
Should you need any assistance while completing our forms, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Turning Tides, we prioritise the safety and well-being of vulnerable adults. Successful candidates (depending on the role) will undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Join us in our mission to end local homelessness.