There are various ways in which you can make financial donations to Turning Tides.
Financial contributions to the charity are essential to the running of our projects. Turning Tides has projects and services in Worthing, Littlehampton, Horsham, East Grinstead and surrounding areas. We support over 1,700 people in our community who are homeless or insecurely housed. The work undertaken by Turning Tides is crucial, people who live in our accommodation receive the specialist support they need to turn their lives around. We empower homeless or insecurely housed individuals to achieve sustainable independent living. To do this, it costs £2.4 million annually, therefore every donation is important to us, however large or small. Both, our clients and staff appreciate the fantastic support from our community.
Did you know if you are a UK taxpayer we are able to claim the tax back on your donation? All you need to do is fill in a Turning Tides Gift Aid Form 2018 and return it to us.
There are a number of ways you can make a one-off, single donation:
- Cheque payable to Turning Tides. Please send to The Fundraising Department, Town Hall, Chapel Road, Worthing, BN11 1HA.
- Text TIDE25 and then the amount you wish to donate £5/£10/£20 to 70070.
- Telephone 01903 680740.
Giving regularly to charity has never been easier! If you are in a position to donate to Turning Tides on a regular basis then please take a look at the following options...
- You can set up a monthly or yearly standing order by completing a Standing Order Form and returning it to us. We can then do the rest for you.
- You could arrange to give regularly using Bt My Donate an online fundraising website. You will need to register with BtMyDonate first, this won't take a minute. Once you are all set up you can search for 'Turning Tides' and click on the 'Donate Now' button. You can then select 'regular' in the drop down box under giving type to make your donation a regular commitment. You can then select how much you would like to give and how frequently and, as always, please tick the 'gift aid' box if you are eligible to add gift aid to your donation. You will then be taken to a payment screen where you can enter your payment details and once this is completed you will receive an email confirming your regular payment to Turning Tides.
- If you prefer to use the post you can of course post a cheque to Town Hall, Chapel Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1HA.
Regular giving enables us to plan ahead and forecast better for the year ahead as it gives us a degree of certainty. Please contact us if you have any questions about regular giving, we would love to talk to you.
Payroll Giving (Workplace Giving) is a flexible scheme which allows anyone who pays UK income tax to give regularly and on a tax free basis. Employees can choose to support the charities and good causes of their choice with a regular donation direct from their pay.
Payroll Giving donations are deducted before tax so each £1.00 you give will only cost you 80p, and if you're a higher rate tax payer it will only cost you 60p. This ensures that we receive maximum benefit.
Payroll Giving is a valuable, long term source of revenue, providing regular income to help charities budget and plan ahead more effectively.