Two Point Six Challenge for Turning Tides
Across the UK, the 2.6 Challenge has been launched to save our charities. It is a great opportunity to generate much needed funds. Turning Tides are experiencing the dual challenge of an unprecedented increase in the need for our services alongside the postponement of fundraising events. You can find out more on our Emergency Covid Appeal page
The 2.6 Challenge will take place on Sunday 26 April – the date that would have been the 40th London Marathon, the world’s biggest one-day annual fundraising event. It asks everyone to take part in an activity of their choice based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise or donate your chosen charity. The brilliant aspect is that anyone and everyone can take part, the ideas are limitless! Video of Ideas
You can help!
Whatever your age or ability, you can take part. After all, we’re not looking for superheroes - we are looking for Home Heroes. Do the 2.6 Challenge for Turning Tides.
How can I get involved?
- Dream up your 2.6 challenge - It could be something as simple as running 2.6 miles, 26 minutes of yoga, or juggling for 26 minutes - or on second thoughts, maybe just 2.6 minutes!
- Head to the ‘donate or fundraise’ page and choose Turning Tides Homelessness
- Nominate a friend because we are #StrongerTogether
- Then on Sunday the 26th complete your challenge.
- Upload and share your #TwoPointSixChallenge videos and photos on social media and tag @TurningTidesOrg
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor you!
Can I get images for social media?
There are lots of downloadable images available to really make your challenge stand out from the crowd and help you make the most of fundraising. Visit our webpage and enter the password '2point6challenge'
What guidelines should I be aware of?
There are no rules (apart from the Government guidelines on how to exercise safely during this time). Whatever you can do, you can be part of it – the main thing is getting active, having fun and donating whatever you can to help save the UK’s charities.
I need more information or ideas?
If you would like any help or support with your fundraising? Get in touch with the team:
Phone: 01903 680740