Counselling Service Administrator
Turning Tides are a community led homelessness organisation that puts clients and local people at the heart of our mission to end homelessness.
St Clare’s Community Hub, 6-8 Marine Place, Worthing, BN11 3DN
2-4 hours per week
St Clare’s Community Hub is open Monday to Saturday throughout the year and offers a drop in service for anyone who needs access to our residential or community services.
Services at the hub include hot and cold food, showers, clothing, laundry, I.T. provision, advice, information and signposting. The service is a referral route into local supported housing. The service is also a Wi-Fi hotspot.
The role is to provide an administrative function for the Counselling Service, ensuring appointments are scheduled appropriately and clients followed up, when appointments are missed.
A small amount of data collection will also be necessary.
Familiarity with Outlook and some Excel knowledge will be required for this role.
- Telephone contact with the counselling team, key-workers and clients to secure and confirm appointments.
- Answering any correspondence received to the Counselling email inbox.
- Maintaining minimal data requirements, such as contact names and details.
- Collecting the quarterly attendance statistics from the counsellors.
- Ensuring the counselling room remains presentable and fit for purpose.
- Liaise with and receiving support from the Counselling Service Manager when appropriate.
It is Turning Tides’ hope and expectation that volunteers will:
- be inclusive and welcoming.
- communicate with staff on duty.
- be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty.
- abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
This role is voluntary, if you wish to no longer continue the role, or your circumstances change, please provide Turning Tides with as much notice as possible.
There is always a member of staff on duty.
Please note this role will require two character references.
Professional boundary and confidentiality training will be covered during the induction meeting.
For more information please contact our Volunteer Team on 01903 680743 or email