Breakfast Club Cooks and Helpers - Littlehampton
Turning Tides are a community led homelessness organisation that puts clients and local people at the heart of our mission to end homelessness.
Littlehampton Breakfast Club – The United Reform Church, 1 High St, Littlehampton, BN17 5EG
Monday – Friday 8 am – 10.30am
Turning Tides work in the Littlehampton area to support people who are homeless or insecurely housed.
The breakfast club is open on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings for vulnerable people living in challenging circumstances. It is held 8.30am to 10am at Littlehampton United Reform Church, in the High Street.
This club provides a much-needed lifeline for these clients, enabling us to offer them support and advice.
Appointments are also available with our Early Intervention and Assessment Worker for people in need of advice and support with housing and access to our LAN. These appointments are available from 9am – 12 Midday.
To cook and serve breakfast for our clients attending the breakfast club, whilst helping to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Cooking hot breakfast items.
- Welcoming our clients and taking their breakfast orders.
- Making hot and cold drinks and promoting a welcoming environment.
- Taking plates and cups, loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- Reporting to staff members any problems.
- Assisting with kitchen duties.
Additional requirements to be adhered to at all times:
- To be inclusive and welcoming.
- To communicate with staff on duty.
- To be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty..
- To abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
Flexible, either one morning per week or one morning per month.
As part of this role, volunteers will be provided access to Food Safety Training.
Please note this role will require two character references.
Professional boundary and confidentiality training will be covered during the induction meeting.
For more information please contact our Volunteer Team on 01903 680743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org