Breakfast Club Cooks and Helpers - Horsham
Horsham Breakfast Club Cooks & Helpers
Turning Tides are a community led homelessness organisation that puts clients and local people at the heart of our mission to end homelessness.
The Salvation Army, Booth Way, Horsham, RH13 5PZ
From 8.30am – 11.30am, Mondays.
We are open from 9am – 11.30am offering a safe space for our clients to visit and access our services. Services will include; free breakfast items, a cooked breakfast for 50p, access to our Horsham Coordinator and Horsham Outreach Worker offering advice and information. We will also have food parcels and items that clients may need such as extra items of clothing and sleeping bags.
From 11.30am – 1.30pm, we will be inviting external support agencies to come along and offer support and advice to our clients.
We hope that this service will demonstrate the need for a more regular service like this in the Horsham Community.
To create a warm and welcoming environment for our clients.
To prepare, cook and serve the breakfast items.
- Greeting clients.
- Taking their breakfast orders.
- Serving hot and cold drinks.
- Preparing, cooking and serving the breakfast food.
- We have three or four volunteers on each shift with one volunteer taking the responsibility of cooking and the other volunteers supporting the cook.
Additional requirements to be adhered to at all times:
- To be inclusive and welcoming.
- To communicate with staff on duty.
- To be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty..
- To abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
Flexible – some volunteers commit to one day per month, other volunteers commit to one morning per week.
The full shift would need to be covered.
There is always a member of staff on duty. The member of staff is based at the front desk and welcome clients.
The member of staff is also on hand to signpost clients to any other team members.
Please note this role will require two character references.
Professional boundary and confidentiality training will be covered during the induction meeting.
For more information please contact our Volunteer Team on 01903 680743 or email email@example.com